[linux-audio-user] Spring reverb?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Wed Feb 7 17:33:48 EST 2007

Ken Restivo wrote:

> I am working on a tune that needs surf guitar. The CAPS AMP IV does a great Fender Twin, and the #4 cabinet in CAPS Cabinet II seems to do pretty well as a 2x12 open-back Fender cab. But the classic surf guitar sound of course includes the high-pitched plinking of a Fender Twin reverb spring slapping against its metal case. If you haven't heard it, it's kind of like entering the V'Ger central core, but really high-pitched and fast, and in 16th notes while double-picking.

I would also support the convolution idea, it should give you that
feeling, but would be happy to learn about a physical modelling solution
with or without csound.
It sounded like V'Ger because that amazing sound was made with the Craig
Huxleys Blaster Beam:

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2004/12/star-trek-female-orgasms-and.html

Anyway, there are some standalone spring reverbs out, I got one in 19'
rack format for cheap second hand.

Cheers,

Malte
--