[linux-audio-user] gstreamer, rhythmbox, and mp3

Victor Roetman vroetman at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 7 23:33:45 EST 2007

Florian Schmidt wrote:
> gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///path/to/some/media/file

So how can I then route this directly to a wav file so I can see what
it's doing?

Also, how can I know exactly which plugin it's using when playing the file?

I still think it's clipping and I want to find out where in the pipeline
this is happening.

> It even automagically uses jack if it's running :) (this is on ubuntu feisty
> though)

Wow!  That's almost enough for me to move my system forward.  Or maybe
try the feisty gstreamer source packages on edgy.