[linux-audio-user] gstreamer, rhythmbox, and mp3

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Feb 8 02:48:31 EST 2007

Victor Roetman wrote:

> Wow!  That's almost enough for me to move my system forward.  Or maybe
> try the feisty gstreamer source packages on edgy.

Don't fear Feisty. I upgraded from Dapper to Edgy on my laptop and
Edgy was a complete disaster. I then went to Debian but couldn't
get everything working and ended up trying Feisty instead. For
me, on my hardware, Feisty is as good as Dapper and much better
than Edgy.

Erik

PS : For those unfamiliar with Dapper, Edgy and Feisty, they are
     3 different releases of the Ubuntu Linux distribution :-).