[linux-audio-user] Multiplatform Audacity-alike with compressed session files (like Garageband)

Nathan Curry thegnu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 14:37:00 EST 2007

Hey all,
I'm working with some guys, and we're looking for a way to
collaboratively record remotely.  The application I'm looking for is:

1. Multitracking
2. Cross-platform, at least Win/Mac (I use Win and Linux, some use
Mac, some use Windows.)
3. Compressed audio files so we can send it easily.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Audacity is close, and I would prefer not to have to use JACK on the
Windows/Mac clients.  But something that's a pain to set up is better
than something that's a pain to work with.  :-)
Thanks,
Nathan