[linux-audio-user] Soundfonts

Leonardo Palomares leoave at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:28:57 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:19:23 +0000
> Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
>

> > I'm just trying to get to grips with Qsynth but can't find any
> > soundfonts. Everything on Google seems to point to Hammersound, and
> > when I look there I only see an empty index for every set.
> >
> > I'm particularly looking for Fluid R3, which seems to be a well
> > recommended GM font.
> >

> I would just like to thank everyone who replied to this.
>
> I've just got a new computer so I probably won't be able to make
> any detailed examinations until the weekend!
>
> --
> Will J G

Also this free GM soundfont sounds good...
the original site
http://www.sccmusic.250x.com/sfont/genuser/download.htmhas a problem,
there is only an exe (win$) file, linux an mac files are
suspended..
but I got it from my win$ machine.. and uploaded as a sf2 (30.7MB) file for
you to download.
here es the link
http://www.4shared.com/file/10620188/f6095a9b/GeneralUser_GS_14.html

enjoy!