[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta7.1 released

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 15:15:49 EST 2007

Dear Tom & Aqualung crew:

I just wanted to praise you all for aqualung. My laptop has a fixed 48khz
sample rate and basically most 44.1 mp3s sounded pretty poor (ringing, etc)
using other mp3 decoders. I turned on best sinc interpolation in aqualung
and wow - I am enjoying my mp3/ogg collection for the first time on that
machine.

Not only that, but the jackd interface is working PERFECTLY - instead of
batch processing 44.1khz mp3s into wavs I now just slam them into an ardour2
(upsampling to 96khz) session and also just leave aqualung connected on an
ardour bus all the time for background listening while I'm working - or
playing along. I have not had a single crash of the previous release in
dozens of hours of listening.

Firing up a download now....

Many thanks for taking digital music to the next level. Probably AMD/Intel
should be thanking you too as best sinc EATS cpu....

now... about streaming.... :)

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge