[linux-audio-user] Two other tracks

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:57:25 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 10:19:57PM +0100, Yves Potin wrote:

>         Hi.
>         Here are two other tracks :
> http://download.jazzcomputer.org/picklejar/light_of_lost_summers.ogg
> (22 Mo, 10'49")
> http://download.jazzcomputer.org/picklejar/caves2.ogg
> (14,5 Mo, 8'09")
>         With the previous track and another one called Breathes that I've
> announced here a couple of mounths ago, they constitute the content of an
> album. Any comment, especially to improve the sound of all this stuff,
> would really be welcome.
>         Thanks in advance, and good hearing,
>
> Y.

I really like them both.. very film-score like.. Also reminded me
of Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop for some reason...

There seem to be a few clicks here and there (particularly at the
beginning of light_of_lost_summers.. around 1 sec there is what
sounds like distortion, then at 40 secs onwards there is a clicky
poppy sound.. I think it is a sound that is supposed to be there,
but it is very hard to parse.. is it a fire? water? something
else?? I think it may have too much filtering on to be able to
make out what it is.. For me, those kinds of sounds are very
distracting because they sound like digital distortion).

On Caves, there is something similar at 2:52.. It could be the
end of a sample or something like that.. I'm just really fussy
about these sounds though!

Overall they are really lovely compositions.

James