[linux-audio-user] Problem with virmidi module

Yves Potin yves at jazzcomputer.org
Thu Feb 22 04:24:02 EST 2007

Le 21 Feb à 20:09, terrence at terrencevak.net ecrivait:

> 	I'm trying to get virtual midi going so I can use midi sequencers
> with fluidsynth.
[...]
> 	What am I missing?

        The most simple thing is to use qsynth as a graphical
frontend. THe virmidi module is of absolutely no use to talk to
fluidsynth. You just have to connect your sequencer to the MIDI ports in
qjackctl.
http://qsynth.sourceforge.net/qsynth-index.html
        AFAIK, the virmidi module is used to get more MIDI ports than the
soundcards provide. You *must*, first, see the native MIDI ports of your
soundcard (without this module) in order to obtain more, eventually.
        HTH,

Y.