[linux-audio-user] audiogui

Leonard Ritter contact at leonard-ritter.com
Mon Feb 26 07:41:08 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 06:42 -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
> I can say that the QT package is much easier to use and has
> better documentation and support.  Not that GTK is terrible, it's just
> not as polished or professional.

the enemy of the good is the better.

i, for one, used the past 3 days to write a python module named
"audiogui", which provides widgets to mimick the look and feel of
traditional audio hardware panels (i dare you to start an audio ui
design war with me). it will be the base for providing an engine which
renders panels from stylesheets, to be used with plugins of aldrin - but
of course that whole thing could be connected to an OSC library and
control any DSSI host.

the basic idea was to imitate the design seen from native instruments
plugins and propellerheads reason. of course i'm damn proud that the
results look so well ;)

here is a demo showing the three widgets DecoBox, Knob and LCD, with
different settings applied.

http://www.paniq.org/images/audiogui5.png

in case you want to play with it, the module is based on PyGTK+ and
Cairo, and can be checked out from the aldrin svn.

http://svn.zeitherrschaft.org/aldrin/trunk

you find the scripts in share/aldrin, they are named audiogui.py and
lcdfont.py. run audiogui.py for above demonstration.

--
Leonard Ritter

-- Freelance Art & Logic
-- http://www.leonard-ritter.com