[linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Feb 27 16:54:46 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 22:01 +0100, Leonard Ritter wrote:

> i hope you agree with me. if not, please visit #buzz on efnet, claim
> that noone has ever had any big success with the sole use of trackers,
> and watch the response.

no. i'd plan to ask how Nora Jones would record her next CD with aldrin.
and then i'd check on the plans of The Fat Boys to use it for their
latest. and it would be worth checking in on the engineers plans for the
live CD that will surely come from the latest Police tour. and if any of
the Fat Five Sopranos-style groups are on the channel, i'll check in how
well aldrin is suiting their recording of some italian opera.

the fact that there was a genre of music in the late 1970's that got by
with ARP sequencers and no drums doesn't stop the fact that by and
large, the vast majority of popular music uses drums.

the fact that there is a genre of music that has sold thousands of
copies of several recordings and was made solely with trackers doesn't
change the fact that by and large the vast majority of popular music is
not and could not be made with a tracker.

--p