[linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST - juce and gui theming

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Feb 28 06:38:19 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:34:52AM +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Loki Davison wrote:
>
> >I find AMS really, really horrible for modular
> >stuff
>
> Interresting.
>
> I find ams much more intuitive and faster to work with than om (didn't
> try ingen, is that ready to use?). It's hard for me to pinpoint exactly
> what does the difference, but I find I can slam a really nice patch
> together in ams in a matter of minutes.

Hmm. Back when I tried AMS, I had huge problems to get MIDI input working,
wheras with Om, it just worked. Later on the change to midi input nodes
and 2 converter plugins (trigger and node) caused a short Huh? but makes
sense.

Ever considered creating patches for a multitrack MIDI composition
in AMS?

I do it all the time with Om and it works well:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Thorsten%20Wilms%22%20AND%20subject%3A%22Om_modular%22

Subpatches rule.

Still, I can't recommend Om, with it being unmaintained, with a choice
between a horrible outdated version and an unofficial one with some
strange bugs.

Ingen is not ready for use. Last I heared is that you might be able to
chain up plugins, bu no saving/loading.

--
Thorsten Wilms