[linux-audio-user] Alsa sound card order.

Vince Werber ka1iic at prexar.com
Wed Jan 3 18:02:21 EST 2007

Not to butt in but... <heh>

Hmmmm  I've got to mess aound with my setting for a 'new' junk machine I
am fooling around with...

If it was just for OSS applications you could do re-directs in the device
drivers I guess...  I've got to do that one myself sometime this week
because I'm setting up two 'cards'... one on the mother board and the
other as a PCI card...

Alsa sees these two cards 'backwards' to my way of thinking and need...
It sees the mother board card as 'card1' and the plugin card as 'card0'...

I alsa need to set up /dev/dsp1 to card1...  Alsa only set up emulation to
/dev/dsp (/dev/dsp0) and ignors the second card altogether...

It's been quite awhile since I have done these simple tasks and need a
refresher course... for sure ;-O  Seems 'X' has got me away from the
console <heh>

I keep listening to this thread... I need an education too...

Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

thanks too also...
vince