[linux-audio-user] Music: Freewheeling DJ Mix

Johannes Mario Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Sat Jan 6 20:51:25 EST 2007

lanas wrote:
> That's interesting.  It's nice to listen to.

Thanks!

> How do you keep the sync between Freewhelling and Seq24 / Hydrogen ?

You need a jack master (for example Seq24) running along with FW. When
they're both running, make a random loop in FW and hit F1. This will put
the FW timer in sync with the jack master, so that each loop will be the
length of one bar of BPM you chose in the jack master, or multiples of
that length. This way the loops you grab are in sync with the rest of
the jack apps.

You should check out the FW demo/tutorial videos on the site:
http://freewheeling.sourceforge.net/freewheeling.html#tour
(Below the screenshots).

> And how do you switch/add-to beat patterns ?

Switch, just push the respective buttons. For adding beats I use a
turntable, so all the loops you hear are from records.

Do you maintain long
> Hydrogen pattern tracks ?

Not for the time being, it's just being used as a metronome in the
recording I posted.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org