[linux-audio-user] status of ams

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jan 7 09:47:19 EST 2007

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 09:36:50AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

> I don't recall if it's JACKed but that's a must.

It is.

> A worthy and laudable interest. I'm dismayed by the slowdown re:
> development of native Linux synths, and I see more projects languishing
> instead of moving forward.

Dave, do you think there is a place for a softsynth that would be
modular but with a fixed set of modules, everyhing controlled from
one window, no patch cables, only 'hardware controls' such as
sliders and switches, each one assignable to MIDI, and of course
uncompromising audio quality ?
In other words a synth that would be easy to use and optimised for
'live' work, sort of a MiniMoog on steroids ? Polyphonic of course but
not multi-timbral - just start two or three of them if you need that.

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.