[linux-audio-user] status of ams

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 7 09:51:33 EST 2007

Hallo,
Fons Adriaensen hat gesagt: // Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Probably there is no 'technical' problem doing so, but it would mean
> you have two sets of modules that are really incompatible with each
> other - it could become very confusing to a user. The 'spirit' of Om/
> Ingen seems to be linear control, and AFAIK that is a deliberate choice
> of its author and one I will respect, even if don't think it's the best
> choice for a mainstream synth ('mainstream' used here as opposed to more
> abstract environments such as CSound or SuperCollider).

Though I guess I understand what you mean, I'd like to note that
CSound, SuperCollider and Pd are the by far the most widely used [1]
synths on Linux, so one could argue that they are the real
"mainstream" Linux synths. ;)

[1] I'm basing my observation on mailing list subscriber counts and
traffic amounts, which of course is slightly skewed as it includes the
Mac and Windows users of said synths.

Ciao