[linux-audio-user] audio record/upload box

rene christen nay.christen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 19:44:31 EST 2007

greetings,

got a peculiar problem for the list...

we're trying to set up a website to record and upload roughly hour long
audio to for streaming. we'd be interested in any ready to go solutions if
anyone can recommmend any but if we need to build our own we'd prefer to use
linux.

what we'd need is a linux box with a really simple interface to start/stop
recording, then maybe automatically trim silence off the end of the file and
upload it to a web server in a format ready for streaming.

any advice on ways to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

what we'd most likely do is have a web-interface for some perl scripts which
would then control some command line apps like ecasound.

any advice greatly appreciated,
rene.