[linux-audio-user] status of ams

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Jan 7 21:06:37 EST 2007

Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> writes:

> do you think there is a place for a softsynth that would be modular
> but with a fixed set of modules, everyhing controlled from one
> window, no patch cables, only 'hardware controls' such as sliders
> and switches, each one assignable to MIDI, and of course
> uncompromising audio quality ?

This is more an interface. I think it's really bad if the synth
interface is not separated from the core. Projects like smash and
build tools like khagan are the right way to design such interfaces
while still not excluding power users who wants to dig deeper.

Many people feel comfortable with knobs (even though knobs are the
most non intuitive controller on a GUI, in my opinion) and it would
present a familiar interface.

You could make 10 such interfaces for some sounds and the user
familiar with such interfaces would be happy;).

The belt wheel controller on ardour is a very nice controller, btw;)

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m