[linux-audio-user] status of ams

rob rob at curates-egg.org
Wed Jan 10 18:10:26 EST 2007

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> <snip> the processor power is what you'd expect out of a dual-core ARM
> running at anywhere from 200mhz -> 275mhz (its an overclockers
> delight) with 64megs of RAM, the device itself is made by GamePark
> Holdings (http://gbax.com/) and you can read more about it here:
I must interject here.

The MagicEyes Digital Co. MMSP2 System on Chip (SoC) does have two
processors - an ARM 920 and an ARM 940.

Neither (as licensed by ARM) has the logic required to consider this a
multi-core chip (no cache coherency logic, bus snooping etc).  An SMP
kernel should still only find one CPU though the other could be used as
a _very_ smart peripheral.

Note that an ARM 940 does not (if memory serves) have any MMU or even an
MPU (you could of course run uClinux on that though).

I also have to declare bias in that I work for one of the parties
mentioned above, and that I am speaking purely for myself.

cheers