[linux-audio-user] status of ams

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Wed Jan 10 19:42:43 EST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Jay Vaughan wrote:

> We are the GP2X hackers, mostly collected around #gp2xdev on EFNet, the
> processor power is what you'd expect out of a dual-core ARM running at
> anywhere from 200mhz -> 275mhz (its an overclockers delight) with 64megs of
> RAM, the device itself is made by GamePark Holdings (http://gbax.com/) and
> you can read more about it here:

btw, have you or anyone else on the list taken a look at how these apps
run on Nokia 770, or the new N800...?

- http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070109-8575.html
- http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS7056717365.html
- http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/06/nokia-n800-specs/
- http://www.maemo.org , http://europe.nokia.com/A4305063

GNU/Linux/Debian/Gnome based, somewhat more powerful ARM cpu, more RAM.
Some hacking is needed as well to get USB host mode working (the device
can't supply power to slave USB devs)... but you do have wifi, bt2.0, a
nice 4.1" screen running X, sd/mmc slot, ... Not as cheap as gp2x is
though...

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv