[linux-audio-user] abusive audio, will it blow up the PA?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 12 18:51:00 EST 2007

Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> On 1/12/07, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
>> range anyway.  (The fundamental of a low E on a bass guitar is about
>> 40 Hz, but most of the energy of that note is in the first few
>> overtones.)
>
> Fieldy/Korn plays on low string tuned to A - 27.5Hz :)

Standard concert pitch tuning is 440Hz for the A above middle C. So
every 88-key piano's lowest note is 27.5Hz. What took him so long to
catch up? ;-)

I believe the lowest pitch on a pipe organ would come from one of the
two 64' pipes that exist in the world. The low C on a pipe organ
keyboard's reference pitch is 64Hz for an 8' pipe, so a 64' pipe would
be three octaves below that = 8Hz.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com