[linux-audio-user] Fedora 6 x86_64 short report

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:11:50 EST 2007

Hi all,

2007/1/13, lanas <lanas at securenet.net>:
>   Here are my results/impressions after trying Fedora 6.
>   Here's the machine
>     AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
<bla>

Well, congrats!

But: Why is it such a surprise to have these things going on a
(mostly) uncustomized installation?

I am running a gentoo-install with just gentoo-standard versions on an
amd64 in 64bit mode for over a year now. And I do semi-professional
audio with my tascam-usb-device with low-latency since the beginning
with this thing. And everything works without any problems, at least
without any 64-related issues.

While it is interesting to here success-stories from people with
strange hardware, I don't think neither 64bit nor an smp-machine are
that rare. So its no wonder everything works there...

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold, preparing for his firewire-interface to arrive

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---