[linux-audio-user] absynth sound?

Louis Gorenfeld louis.gorenfeld at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 14:31:43 EST 2007

You might try WhySynth-- it has an async granular mode that might produce
similar sounds to what you're looking for.  It also incorporates a version
of ZynAddSubFx's PadSynth algorithm, among a variety of other oscillator
types (FM, waveshaper, a wide variety of waveforms).

The Crystal VST also seems to run fine on Linux, and that could be another
candidate for making interesting effecty and pad-like sounds.

Louis