[linux-audio-user] Exporting Muse tracks to an audio file

linuxmedia4 at netscape.net linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri Jan 19 05:48:19 EST 2007

Hi,

When I need to record drum parts, I use Muse that triggers samples in
Hydrogen or Specimen. Unfortunately, in this situation, Muse's 'Bounce
to File' function doesn't allow me to export to an audio file (to use in
ecasound) because this only works with Muse's built-in soft synths or
soundfonts loaded into Muse (unless I overlooked something).

Muse's 'simple drums' works pretty good and allows me to use the 'Bounce
to File' function. But then I can't use multilayered drum samples.

The solution would be to record in Hydrogen, and then export it to an
audio file. But I just can't work with 'pattern based' sequencers
because it's too limiting. I record all sequences with Muse because I
can just press 'Record' and record for as long as I need to.

Anyways... does anyone have any idea how to get Muse's 'drum tracks' to
a stereo audio file so I can use it in ecasound? My Echo IO card doesn't
have a 'capture function' like my SB Live card used to (so I can capture
whatever comes through the card). I don't think 'timemachine' will work
because I would have to find exactly were the 'beginning' starts in the
resulting audio file. With the 'capture function' in the SB Live card, I
would use ecasound to start recording everything coming through the
card... but ecasound and Muse were synced (via jack) so it would start
recording perfectly at the necessary point. With 'timemachine' you press
'Record', and then go to Muse and press 'Play' and meanwhile, you have a
lot of dead space in the front of the resulting audio file.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Rocco