[linux-audio-user] Best possible PCI-Express video card for DAW

Stephen Hassard steve at hassard.net
Mon Jan 15 20:55:16 EST 2007

On 1/15/07, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> I'm interested in trying the new 965G graphics, but that is only a on
> the motherboard option, so it doesn't apply to you, and for general use
> the x700 will probably work better at the moment (but that might change
> in a few months, when the new intel drivers are included by default).
> Plus, I don't see very many 965G motherboards with DVI output.

DVI is available as an addon for the 965G boards:
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

 ---

You can purchase (for around $20) an 'sDVO' card which plugs into the PCI-E
slot and offers DVI support in various flavors. This is just an adapter
board which connects the onboard graphics chip with a DVI connector using
the sDVO portion of the PCI-E standard; it's not an external graphics
adapter. You are right though, Intel doesn't offer a stand-alone PCI-E
graphics adapter.

---

Have fun,
Steve