[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD/LAU/LAA/Consortium/...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 12:17:07 EST 2007

On 1/19/07, Bengt Gördén <bengan at kthnoc.net> wrote:
> fredag 19 januari 2007 11:54 skrev Marc-Olivier Barre:
> > Now could we get back to the original question and take a decision ?
>
> I vote yes.

Like others I'm fine with moving the server to another domain as long
as there is an honest effrot to keep the service up. This has been a
great list. I'd hate to see it get hurt, but I'm pretty confident it
won't be.

As for the forums thing, I like forums a lot. Granted, I have to make
an effort to use them whereas email just arrives. Forums are *far*
easier to search and (IMO) far better places for newbies (and oldbies
like me) to find info. email lists tend to be hard to search &
archived in strange places at times, but they do provide a high degree
of immediacy which I think lots of folks like.

Coming from the Pro Tools forums, and considering the subject matter,
I probably would have prefered the last 6 years of me being around LAU
be in a forum. As for changing it's not likely that we'd ever get the
same crowd of folks makign contributions which is what the important
thing really is.

By the way - one negative thing about email lists is that my response
will not be seen by everyone who saw what I'm replying to since I'm
not subscribed to all the lists on this email.

- Mark