[linux-audio-user] Re: Cheap USB "soundcards" (resending. Now with subject)

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Sat Jan 20 06:19:09 EST 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Nice card, dead easy to set up

It works natively on Linux, but has strangely switched Rear, Center and LFE
channels. I also lowered the front channels somewhat, and ended up with the
following asound.conf:

# Terratec Aureon USB 5.1 MKII - software mixed, multiple access
# in output only
pcm.dmix51 {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 12347
  slave {
    pcm "hw:2,0"
    channels 6
  }
}

pcm.aureon {
  type route
  slave.pcm "dmix51"
  slave.channels 6
  # Front Left
  ttable.0.0 0.7
  # Front Right
  ttable.1.1 0.7
  # Rear Left
  ttable.2.4 1.0
  # Rear Right
  ttable.3.5 1.0
  # Center
  ttable.4.2 1.0
  # LFE
  ttable.5.3 1.0
}

ctl.aureon {
  type hw
  card 2
}

> I think the Aureon has a really good
> price/performance+features ratio that is very hard to beat.

Right, got mine on eBay for a song, and it has been working flawlessly for
hearing music and watching 5.1 movies.

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

The wealthiest individuals are neither the cleverest, the most creative,
or the nicest people to spend time with. Career success does not
guarantee happiness. We all know this. So why do people sacrifice their
leisure, their health, their ability to be creative, and their relation-
ships purely in order to earn more money? -- Carmine Coyote, June 2006