[linux-audio-user] Building a new music PC / on-board video suggestions?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Jan 20 16:57:26 EST 2007

Stephen Hassard wrote:
> I'd recommend looking at the Antec Take 3 (3U rackmount).
>
> http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=94003
>
> They're extremely quiet, rack mountable, and use regular hight PCI
> cards, so that you don't need any screwy riser cards for your motherboard.
>
> later,
> Steve

Actually, I had a bit of a change in direction; I've ordered this
home-entertainment style case (Antec Fusion):

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15738.

For the times I take it out, it looks like it's just barely enough so
that I can fashion or buy some rackmount brackets, or else just put it
in a tray. When I get it, I'll of course try to gauge how sturdy it will
be if moved around. I suppose the main thing to worry about is G-force
on the CPU cooling fan.

Larry