[linux-audio-user] This criticism of jackd valid?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Jan 21 09:48:05 EST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:13:20 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> <Achtung! Grumpy Sunday morning rant!>

A good time for it, too.  I started looking at that thread on /. but
didn't care to raise my blood pressure that much.

Having just tuned my son's system so that he can run Ardour and Hydrogen
and record without crashing, I can attest that yes, it takes some work
even with a music-oriented distro (in this case, Planet CCRMA), but it's
less voodoo than what a lot of Windows people have to go through to get
a stable recording setup.  His implication that other systems handle this
routinely but that Jack is fundamentally broken speaks to his trollishness.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com