[linux-audio-user] Aldrin 0.9 and llvm

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sun Jan 21 16:27:43 EST 2007

On Sun Jan 21, 2007 at 09:45:54PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> I never got this working with just python. Segfaulted.
>
> Now it is using llvm in addition. The llvm on Debian Sid is not good enough so
> one must download sources and go to it. However, this does not compile like
> other ./configure. make, make install.
>
> Follow their instructions. Llvm itself will compile and install just fine. Now
> go to the llvm-gcc front end (they recommend using binaries but there are
> none for Debian and Debian's llvm is not recent enought so ...)
>
> The compile dies looking for GCC_4.2.0 as required by libstdc++. This
> libstdc++ is off Debian Sid but gcc there is not up to 4.2.0. So how might
> this "require" it. Anyone succeded with this thing?

here on gentoo 2006.1-amd64, i got llvm proper to copmile out of the box. the -gcc one is more anoying, eventually figuring the right LLVMOBJDIR and other stuff (also, note it will fail during compile if you used relative paths), it started byilding. but then only libiberty was created. so i tried make again, with the 'bootstrap' option. this time it compiled for about 10 minutes then errored out. release versions..

cant wait to try aldrin!