[linux-audio-user] This criticism of jackd valid?

Bengt Gördén bengan at kthnoc.net
Mon Jan 22 09:45:51 EST 2007

måndag 22 januari 2007 15:04 skrev Dave Phillips:
> Btw, I did continue monitoring the traffic for the /. thread re: music
> sequencing software for Linux. Same old same old. Paul got some good
> response, but overall I'd say the thread was a waste of everybody's
> time. The ignorance on /. regarding Linux audio development is simply
> too deep, and I see little indication that posters there want to do
> little but echo the same old mantras.

To get visibility for LA[UD] the debate should be started by the LA[UD] side.
Not the contrary. The problem is that people don't bother to read more than 1
or 2 comments. At least I do that and I concider myself sort of normal. I
should say that I got tired of /. a few years ago so I'm not that up to date
whats happening on there but I did read this article that we are talking
about.

So. Receipt for small success. Schedule a few articles on /. Especially
articles from the people who develop software and people who use them. Not
the debaters who debate for it's own sake.

> Has any user on this list come here by being persuaded by what he or she
> has read on Slashdot ?

If you aske me, that is a definite no.

regards,

/bengan