[linux-audio-user] clicks without xruns

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:53:29 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone might be able to shed some light
on a problem I have..

I sometimes notice audio clicks which are not picked up as
xruns.. One particularly easy one to reproduce is using the dssi~
plugin for pd. If I send the dssi show message, play a note and
then switch between workspaces, there is a noticable glitch in
the sound.. This is probably best heard with whysynth and having
the patch edit gui open (under edit in the dssi gui).

I notice similar glitches at other times in other programs,
although they are not usually too intrusive...

Any ideas?

I'm running a non-rt kernel although I am pretty happy with its
performance (2.6.18).. I tried to roll my own rt kernel today but
hit some networking problems which I have not had time to
properly troubleshoot... Are there any reasonable precompiled rt
images for debian/ubuntu available at present?

Best wishes,

James