[linux-audio-user] video card redux

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Jan 23 08:59:54 EST 2007

Greetings:

Just a quick note to praise the nVidia 7600GS video card I put in the
AMD64 box yesterday. I bought a fanless model manufactured by Gigabyte,
I have a Gigabyte mobo so I figured the fit should be perfect. I had no
trouble with installing or configuring the card. Actually there was no
configuration step at all: I use nVidia's driver, which recognized the
card immediately. Btw, this card replaced an nVidia 7300GS-based card,
for which the driver was already installed.

There were some cheaper versions of the 7600GS but I decided to go for
one at about $130 (US). Since it's fanless there's absolutely no noise,
and at last I have a quiet machine.

Best,

dp