[linux-audio-user] Aldrin 0.9

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Jan 23 09:35:53 EST 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 15:04, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> > Finally got Aldrin up and working (sort of). Also finally "got it" (only
> > took from version 0.5). Lunar!
>
> 0.5?
Maybe 0.6:-)

> > The program cannot init any audio device, with or without jack running
> > (only difference is an alsa-pcm item on the wave out prefs menu).
>
> make sure that no other sound daemon like esd or artsd is running. right
> now there is no dmix-support. please also let me know about any
> suspicious output from the program.

The only telling output is about bad samplerate 44100,  (same as in jackd,
only one on the card, I'm afraid) or device busy (nothing else to my
knowledge running) The latency was also identical to that in jack setup and
jack will start, so ....

BTW: All choices but alsa-pcm for jackd running WILL be busy (jack will take
them). Most programs init a jack client which may be manually or
automatically connected to the available alsa-pcm. The audio devices dropdown
not really relevant for jack.

For non-jack, hw:0 should be available/ /dev/dsp should also work using
alsa-oss emulation.

Right now, none work. I am using realtime-lsm and am in the 29-audio group.
Should not need to but must one do something about that SUID bit that gets
set in most music program setups?