[linux-audio-user] Where's the weak link?

linuxmedia4 at netscape.net linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Wed Jan 24 00:36:36 EST 2007

I either found the culprit of the xruns, or I found the *main* one. But
I have a question...

I noticed that the xruns were every 20 seconds. So I went to KDE Control
Center -> Power Control -> Laptop Battery... and changed "Check status
every: 20sec" to "Check status every: 1sec". I started Qjackctl... and
as suspected... there was one xrun per second. I couldn't shut off
"Battery Polling" in KDE Control Center, so I set it to a ridiculously
high number and the "regular" xruns stopped.

I wanted to completely shut off "Battery Polling", and I was under the
impression that this was controlled by "apm". So I set it back to "1
second polling" and went to System -> Services and disabled "apmd". That
didn't effect the nibbling at the hard drive every second, but it
stopped creating an xrun every second. Although there still were
"regular" xruns.

Does anyone have any idea how to disable "Battery Polling"?

Thanks,
Rocco