[linux-audio-user] Nmmm nmmm (yawn)

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Jan 25 00:54:49 EST 2007

Folderol wrote:

> Anyway, the results so far are on:
>
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Celtic_Dream.ogg
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Celtic_Dream.mp3

Hey, that's pretty good!

Needs a bit more tightening all around. The material is good but needs
to spend a bit more time in the mixing phase. The various tracks are not
100% "aligned" from a sound perspective.
E.g., the instrument that kicks in at 00:08 - you don't want a sound
that "shiny" in this kind of song. I see what you're trying to convey,
but it's a tad too sandpaper-ish. I wonder if a very gentle low-pass
will make it blend more naturally.

Anyway, that's just me picking nits. The song is good. My 5yr old son is
sitting nearby humming it. :-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/