[linux-audio-user] linux sampler and rosegarden

BJaY bruceslists at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 28 12:28:15 EST 2007

Hi,
	I was just reviewing some projects (again) and noticed that during the
(but not all) of the linuxsampler channels to 48. I've done nothing that I'm
aware of to make it do this, all channels should be at full volume. When I
change the volume control for the midi channel in rosegarden, the volume of
the channel changes in qsampler but not to its full extent. I'm using planet
CCRMA on FC6 (32 bit)- a recent version of linuxsampler and qsampler that
Nando did to fix the 'immediate crash' bug.

On an aside - the most immediately usfull tools for general musicians are
the software synths - qsynth and qsampler - and I've had loads of trouble
with them. With ZynAddSubFX having problems with real time (and soft synths
are only any use with real time), users of linux audio are left with very
few options. What can we do ?

Cheers,

Bruce.