[linux-audio-user] Monitoring (processed) input during playpack in Ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 28 12:59:46 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 15:14 +0000, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Is there a way, in Ardour (I've just compiled 2beta10), to listen
> (monitor the input of) a track while playing back the other tracks with
> software monitoring (and thus having the input sound processed in
> realtime through some ladspa effects)?
>
> I can hear the input while recording (obviously), but sometimes I want
> to play over the tracks I've already recorded without recording a new
> track. This is how other DAWs I've used behave.

Options->Monitoring->Software Monitoring

perhaps?

people also get confused by the action of Auto Input, which just goes to
show you can't please all of the people all of the time - many studio
engineers want auto input and can't understand why systems don't have
it. so you might try turning that off and see if the behaviour becomes
more clear to you.

--p