[linux-audio-user] Re: debian/ubuntu

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:14:35 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 02:41:44PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Gavin Stevens hat gesagt: // Gavin Stevens wrote:
>
> > Don't forget that Ubuntu is based on Debian "unstable".
>
> Is it? I was under the impression that the packages in Ubuntu that
> were directly taken from Debian, were more of the testing flavour.

No, definately based primarily on Debian SID (how else would the
Ubuntu packages be so bleeding edge??). See Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(Linux_distribution)

"Ubuntu packages are generally based on packages from Debian's
unstable repository; however, they are not always compatible with
each other."

James