[linux-audio-user] cross platform FOSS audio software list

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jan 29 14:36:28 EST 2007

Chris McCormick wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi Chris :-).

> Someone on another list I'm subscribed to has recently posted a message
> saying "check out this awesome software I found for Mac OSX" with a link
> to Audacity.

I think you should point out that Audacity started development on
Linux. You should also mention that Audacity uses libsndfile,
libsamplerate and LADSPA which all started on Linux.

> I'd like to post back giving examples of lots of other great
> cross platform FOSS audio apps and say a bit about why FOSS is nice. Is
> there a concise list somewhere I can link to? Or do people just want to
> tell me their favorite bits of cross platform mainstream friendly audio
> software?

I think most Linux audio apps can compile and run on OSX and then point
them to the Linux audio apps page. Be prepared to blow their minds.

Erik