[linux-audio-user] cross platform FOSS audio software list

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jan 30 09:31:37 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 00:02 -0500, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2007 23:37:39 -0500, Michal Seta <mis at artengine.ca> wrote:
>
> > Max/MSP... well... I guess you should head the cycling74 way...  but
> > then, it almost seems like every album in the
> > IDM/glitch/microsound/whatever style in the past 10 or so years was
> > done with Max/MSP.
>
> Max/MSP isn't available for Linux, is it?

no. only jMax (which is not really compatible with Max, although it sort
of is) and pd (which seems at least as good as Max/MSP in almost every
way).

IMHO, its still a real embarrasment to the entire family of miller
puckette-derived visual programming languages that the petty disputes
between each branch of the family tree have gone on for this long. i can
only hope that pd will continue to increase in popularity until
Cycling74 has no choice but to sit down and talk about how to get
everyone back in the same boat. not that likely, i think.

--p