[linux-audio-user] mail with suspicious headers?

October extremecs at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 22:11:44 EST 2007

/rant mode on

I have two accounts with the LAU list, this one and a gmail account.  The gmail account, being the newer of the two, was going to be regular webmail as yahoo is getting unruly and I prefer the gmail interface.

But lately my posts to this list have been bouncing back with messages about being held because "Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.  The reason it is being held:  Message has a suspicious header"?

  What does this mean and why is it always so hit and miss?  Some days my posts go through unhindered, other days they hang just like this and I couldn't get one to go through even if the fate of the world depended on it.

Who is the list moderator and how nasty a business this must be for them?  Obviously quite busy because sometimes days go by without an approval or even a rejection, for that matter.

It's not just this list nor is it just from my gmail account.  Perhaps the list structure is showing it's age?

I think this finally pushed me over to the "let's have a forum" school of thought.

/rant mode off

Jon

In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?

                               --unknown