[LAU] Steinway_IMIS2 soundfont

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:56:36 EDT 2007

El Lunes, 2 de Julio de 2007 19:15, Paul Winkler escribió:
 | Sounds very nice! This is great work.
 |
 | My one criticism is that listening to the demo on headphones, the
 | panning sounds a bit abrupt at times, eg. when playing a descending
 | chromatic scale.
 |
 | -PW

Yes, there is a LOT of work to do yet, for instance, this soundfont uses only
C and G notes, as the former version [1].

I would like to use all the samples from the IMIS (and to remove some noises
with gnome_wave_cleaner) and to loop them, but this will need a lot of work,
so... I hope I (or someone else) could have time to do it in the future.[2]

Also: we have 3 layers: pp, mf and ff, but the pp was not used yet because of
its noise. [3]

Thanks for the report, we need this kind of things: it's not so difficult to
fix pan problems.

[1] Acoustic piano soundfont (released), {first version}

[Freepats] Acoustic piano soundfont (released)