[Freepats] [LAU] Steinway_IMIS2 soundfont

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:12:41 EDT 2007

El Martes, 3 de Julio de 2007 11:04, Roberto Gordo Saez escribió:
 | On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:48:45PM +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
 | > The pan issue it is really easy to solve, I (or you) have to change all
 | > the R samples and L samples to the other side using Swami or some other
 | > editor.
 | >
 | > I will do it some day, I hope to do it soon, also, I have to make a lot
 | > of modifications, for instance, to lower the volume of the FF layer
 | > (specially for middle and high notes), this was the first aproach.
 |
 | The attached scripts are a quick and dirty fix. Put them in a
 | temporary directory along with a copy of the soundfont, like this:
 |
 | fixpan.rb
 | fixpan.sh
 | Steinway_IMIS2_backup.sf2
 |
 | Then run fixpan.sh. It will produce Steinway_IMIS2.sf2 with panning
 | reversed (and many temporary files that can be deleted). Those scripts
 | use pysf, so you will need to have it installed.

Hi, i downloaded pysf from:

http://terrorpin.net/~ben/docs/alt/music/soundfont/pysf-wip/pysf.py

chmod +x pysf
chmod +x fixpan.sh

Then I executed fixpan.sh

marcos at musix1:/mnt/hda1/audio/samples$ ./fixpan.sh
WARNING:root:wavetable 1, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 2, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 3, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 4, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 5, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 6, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 7, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 8, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 9, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 10, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 11, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 12, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 13, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 14, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 15, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 16, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 17, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 18, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 19, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 20, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 21, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 22, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 23, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 24, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 25, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 26, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 27, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 28, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 29, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 30, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 31, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 32, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 33, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 34, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 35, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 36, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 37, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 38, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 39, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 40, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 41, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 42, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 43, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 44, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 45, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 46, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 47, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 48, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 49, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 50, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 51, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 52, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 53, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 54, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 55, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:wavetable 56, sampleType=0, default to mono
WARNING:root:preset 1 zone 1: no keyRange

 ls -lah *.sf2
-rw------- 1 marcos marcos 75M 2007-07-01 23:38 Steinway_IMIS2_backup.sf2
-rw-r--r-- 1 marcos marcos 75M 2007-07-03 10:00 Steinway_IMIS2.sf2

:-)

It works

It's nice to work together.

Well, I must fix some some overlaping issues, volumes and so..

I added the fix scripts here:

ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/sf2/fixes

ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/sf2/fixes/README_fixpan.txt

etc.

Best wishes

--
     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de

You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;