[LAU] need Sibelius/Score/Finale user

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Jul 4 06:50:14 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> My apologies for not responding to the many replies, I've been
> distracted by too many local events, none of which are helping me get
> this work done. :(
>
> Anyway, I've generated MIDI files from LilyPond, I guess that's my best
> option for exporting to Finale or Sibelius (I'm surprised the contest
> even ackowledges Score). I'm concerned about them, because they sound an
> octave higher than is correct. I tried setting the \clef statement (in
> LilyPond) to "G_8", it attached the ottava mark to the G clef but
> doesn't actually transpose the output.
>
> The LP scores can be seen at
>
>     http://linux-sound.org/dlp-music-lilypond/sonatina/sonatina.html
>
> Note that the MIDI files available there are *not* what I created with
> LP. Before I post the LP-produced files, I need to know whether I should
> transpose them or leave them as-is and let Finale/Sibelius do the
> required transposition. Advice from F/S users would be most welcome.

Thanks for these. I do not have the classic guitar skill for these but would
like to give them a try.

MIDI. You are a guitarist and the G-cleff staff for a guitar IS an octave
higher than that of the piano G-cleff, isn't it? So possibly the producing
program knew this and transposed the MIDI up a second time for you :-)