[LAU] Music - Norwegian woody

Frank Pirrone frankpirrone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:04:37 EDT 2007

Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2007, Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto wrote:
>

>> On 7/6/07, Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://tapas.affenbande.org/norwegian.ogg
>>>
>> One word: WONDERFULL!
>>
>> It seems very much modern brazilian music, with some blues' touches.
>> At some point I was almost expecting to linsten Marisa Monte start
>> singing (she does this kind of music and I like it very much).
>>

> Thanks for the listening tip :) Fell in love with her "O Bonde do Dom"
> immediately.
>

>> It would make lots of success here in Brazil. It has a great swing. I
>> also remember your Samba Felidae, which I liked a lot.
>>

> Thanks for the kind words, too :)
>

>> Thank you for sharing this. The tempo is realy a little loose, but it
>> fits the swing very well, in my opinion. In the second listeing, I
>> didn't even noticed.
>>

> I'm still trying to find out how to record several tracks without headphones
> or click ;) I suppose a click track that is unintrusive when leaking onto
> other tracks might help.. [not the standard beep beep]
>
> Flo

Nice piece of work Flo.  It's gratifying to hear the quality both of
musicianship and recording/production posted here recently.  LA has
begun to match its users talents.

This may be an answer to your click-track needs.  There's a nice visual
mode - two lines for beats and accents.  I found another - gMetronome,
but couldn't find a live link.  Dude apparently graduated and lost his
school hosting.

http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/GTick-Download-3378.html

Searched several ways, but visual metronome seemed most fruitful.

Frank