[LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Jul 12 03:31:30 EDT 2007

On Wed, July 11, 2007 23:39, David Adler wrote:

>>> 2. I have had the program crash out working the connections
>>> (all-alsa) pane.
>>> Happens when I touch the midi-through item.
>>>

>> This deserves some debugging. Are willing to help?
>> 1) rebuild with ./configure --enable-debug && make
>> 2) ulimit -c unlimited
>> 3) ./qjackctl
>> 4) *make-it-crash* (core dumped)
>> 5) gdb ./qjackctl core
>>

>> Tell me what you find.
>>

> I get segfaults as well - they seem related to (dis-)connecting things
> in the alsa-tab, here not nessesarily with the midi-through ports
> involved.
>
> Following the above debugging-advice gives:
>

> minos at digital:/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0$ ulimit -c unlimited
> minos at digital:/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0$ ./qjackctl
> Warning: no locale found: /usr/local/share/locale/qjackctl_en_US.qm
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> minos at digital:/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0$ gdb ./qjackctl core
> GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
> are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
> details. This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...Using host
> libthread_db library "/lib/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
>
> /usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0/core: No such file or directory.
> (gdb)
>

> What about 'core'? Sorry if this is silly, its my first debugging.
> What to change/read for gdb to work? 'man gdb' did not help me.

Some systems have this "core" file suffixed with something else (e.g. pid)
or/and might be located on the current directory where qjackctl was set
when the segfault occurred.

Please, locate it under your home directory with:

  find ~/ -name "core*" -ls

check the correct timestamp and then play it again with

  gdb ./qjackctl /path/to/core.file

and send me the complete output. Ah, I forgot, that under the gdb prompt,
after it finds the correct point of segfault, you type "bt" (for
backtrace) and enter. Send me  the additional trace.

I just can't reproduce this segfaults on any of my trials, no matter how
much I try. Please report whether the crashes are systematically
reproducible and in that case, which are the minimum set of steps to get
one.

> Something else: Alt+c doesn't connect things here while Alt+d and Alt+a
> work properly.

Noted. Will check and fix. Thanks.

> by the way, the gui looks the way it is supposed to here on debian testing
> & evilwm

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela