[LAU] qjackctl: cannot set 44100 sample rate from 48000 default -- Planet CCRMA with Fedora 6

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jul 13 03:43:26 EDT 2007

On Fri, July 13, 2007 06:43, Luis Cordova wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I cannot cannot set qjackctl sample rate from 48000 default to 41000
> in my Planet CCRMA with Fedora 6. See below. Does anyone knows a possible
> cause?

If its a hda-intel based integrated device you're probably stuck with
48000 when running jackd against the hw:x interface. It ain't a software
bug (neither qjackctl or jackd). Its the hardware implementation.

You can try using the alsa plughw:n interface. There I think resampling is
available (48000->441000) thru software, which is suboptimal nevertheless.

Bye now.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org