[LAU] newbie to Linux audio

Russell Button russ at button.com
Tue Jul 17 17:30:19 EDT 2007

Hi Ken!

I'm going to have to pass. USB 1.x just isn't going to cut it for 24
bit, 96 kHz, live location recording. As you well know, a lot of
products get built before they should because of issues like this.
Reminds me of the NeXT computer, which probably would have been great on
a 300 Mhz Pentium, but not a Motorola 68030 processor.

Coolness,

Russ