[LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.1a (unstable-qt4) crash-fix released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Jul 19 14:54:43 EDT 2007

Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hello Rui,
>
> I built QjackCtl 0.3.1a in a UbuntuStudio system (running the Ubuntu RT
> kernel) and launched it from the folder where it was built (I didn't
> install it). It worked but when I start jack 50% to 65% of the CPU it's
> used constantly. When I stop it the CPU use goes back down. This doesn't
> happen with the previous version of QjackCtl.
>
> Thanks!

Is this actual CPU load or is it DSP load as reported from jackd and
displayed on the main qjackctl display?

If it's CPU load that you're referring to, are you sure that is qjackctl
to blame? Or is jackd's? X? Anything else? What `top` is saying to you
at the top?

I'm not seeing nothing evident atm. that could lead to such a heavier
QjackCtl behavior, but it might be some combination of settings that I
suspect you'll have to switch one at a time, on a trial-and-error basis.

Is anybody else seeing this behavior? I can't see it on any of my
openSUSE 10.2 boxes (1 desktop, and 2 laptops) or even on WinXP :P

Tell me more about what you can find, if you have the patience of course.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org