[LAU] Convert from WMA to ... ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jul 21 04:19:45 EDT 2007

Hallo,
Kevin Cosgrove hat gesagt: // Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> I have a WMA file, yes only one, that I can play with Amarok.
> But, I want to convert it to OGG or WAV.  How can I do that?

For example with mplayer. For dumping audio from video files use
something like:

$ mplayer -vo null -vc null -ao pcm:fast:file=OUTPUT.wav INPUT.wmv

If you don't have video data as in a wma, you can omit the "-v*"
options, but they won't hurt, for example if you put it in a shell
script for general use as attached. Convert further to your liking
with oggenc etc.

Ciao